Monday, September 29, 2014

I Got Nominated for the Liebster Award!

First of all, I'd really like to thank Sofia and Blessie for nominating me. Thanks so much and I'll try to answer all of your questions. 

The Liebster Award (which means "sweetheart" in German based on the blog I've seen about it) is a way of connecting with fellow bloggers who have recently discovered the awesomeness that is blogging. 

When nominated, here are the things to do next:


1. Link & Thank the blogger who nominated you

2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you

3. Tag 11 other bloggers who have 300 or less followers


4. Ask the 11 bloggers you nominated 11 questions and let them know you nominated them!

11 Facts about me: 
1. I like trying out new stuff. Currently, I've tried calligraphy, wakeboarding and hula hooping. I want to try many more! 
2. I have a standing love affair with cheesecake. 
3. I have this affinity with blank notebooks. A blank, unlined page makes me think of endless possibilities
4. Horror movies are my favorite. Bring me to a horror movie than a romance one and you'll be my BFFL. 
5. I buy more items on Instagram than on stores in malls. It's just...so  many cute items! Kyaaaa
6. I would like to learn a lot of languages. Some of which include German, French, Japanese, Spanish, Russian and Thai
7. I wish to go to Thailand and shop there. A lot of my friends who have been there kept on telling me it's the fashion mecca for cheapsters like me. The items are very affordable yet of good quality. 
8. I've always wanted a pair of rollerblades but haven't gotten to buying one yet. 
9. I hate cockroaches. 
10. I hate people who play with other's feelings. It makes me want to kill them...slowly and painfully. 
11. I'm a reader (big surprise there). Give/donate books to me and I'll love you to bits.      

Sooo, I'll begin first with Blessie's questions :D
1. First book you've ever read of your favorite genre.
 Uhhh. If it's genre, then it would be YA and the first book that I've read would be the Harry Potter series.

2. What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading Joe by H.D. Gordon for a review. 

3. If you were given the chance meet any character from a fictional book of your own choice, who and why?
Oh my gosh, I would defo like to meet Aslan. I feel like I'd get to learn a lot about life from him.

4. Most anticipated book of 2015.
Confess by Colleen Hoover. Seriously. Any book written and to-be-published by Colleen Hoover is on my anticipated list. 

5. If you were to stay in a place for a year and can only bring five books to read, which would you bring?
I would bring the following with me always (once I have them)
Steve Maraboli books: 
  • Unapologetically You 
  • Life, the truth and Being Free
Jason Evert books: 
  • Pure Love
  • If You Really Loved Me: 100 Questions on Dating, Relationships, and Sexual Purity
  • How to Find Your Soulmate Without Losing Your Soul   

6. How many books do you personally own?
If it's a physical book, I have roughly at about 30+ only. With my e-reader though, I have 300+ and counting.

7. If you could live in a fictional world, which would you choose and why?
I would choose to live in Myth, the world in The Oracle of Delphi series by Diantha Jones. Oh, and if ever I can jump from world to world, I would like to visit Harry Potter's world. 

8. If you could have any supernatural ability to use forever, which and why?
I would want to acquire the ability to open portals, even when it's limited to just here on earth. I want that so I wouldn't have to deal with airports, buses, trains or any mode of transport. 

9. What's your take on books turned into movies? Like or dislike?
There are some that I do like (such as LOTR movies) because, even when some parts are excluded, the important are still there. 

10. Five facts about yourself. 
Please see the 11 facts about me portion of this post. lol

11. What's up next on your TBR shelf?
 What's next on my TBR is The Reflections of Queen Snow White by David Meredith as I need to review it for the author :)

Sofia's Questions: 
1) What book would you like to see turned into a movie/tv series and why?
The Oracle of Delphi series by Diantha Jones. The mythological theme of the place would look totally awesome on television. 

2) What is your favorite fairytale?
I love any fairytale by Hans Christian Andersen as it deviated from the normal princess-and-her-happily-ever after-tales. They adhere to the part of me that loves anything but ordinary. 

3) What book made you fall in love with reading?
Uhm, I have been reading ever since I was a child so I honestly can't remember which book made me love reading more. I never stopped loving to read. 

4) Who is you all-time favorite author?
I have no all-time favorite author until I have read books of Colleen Hoover. The way her characters speak makes them seem so alive that at times, you'd wonder if you'll ever pass Ridge on the street, hear Will doing a slam or even Lake trying to catalog the local library by genre. 

5) Do you sometimes judge a book by its cover.
Sometimes. At times, I judge by the title. If it's interesting, I'd read the synopsis too before getting the book

6) What was/is your favorite school subject?
I like Science and English. I also like Philosophy, Ethics and Human Insight.

7) What made you decide to start a blog?
I have been blogging for a long time but it's like an on-and-off thing for me. Recently, I want to be able to blog more in order to improve my writing skills.

8) Do you like taking personality quizzes?
Yes I like taking them usually just for fun.

9) What's the last book you read and loved?
I loved Remember When by T. Torrest, This is Falling by Ginger Scott and All's Fair in Love and Cupcakes by Betsy St. Amant (of which the latter two's reviews are posted and the first one to be posted here). Oh sorry, you said book and I gave books. 

10) What do you like to do when you're not reading?
I'm currently into hula hooping, trying to learn web design oh, and calligraphy. 

11) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
 I would like to go to Russia. The place has this appeal to me and it's drawing me to it more than other places in the world.

AAAANDDD, here are my questions!
1. If you could have any author for a roommate, who would it be and why? 
2. What place is the perfect set-up for a zombie invasion? 
3. If there's a zombie apocalypse, would you rather be a human survivor or be part of the undead? 
4. When you are not in your reading spot, where can you be found? 
5. Which of the many book boyfriends you have would you like to get married to? (Just one please!)
6. In relation to question # 5, what song would be playing on your wedding day? 
7. A genie came up to you and would grant you three wishes, what would they be?
8. What is your go-to genre if you would like to take a break from reading other genres?
9. If you could take ten books with you on a journey, what would you take?
10. What is favorite snack while reading?
11. What makes you happy?


I want to tag the following people :)
Joy @ The Bookshelf Intruder
Pia @ Piathought
Tiara @ wildy-loved
Reading Delightedly
I Write What I Read
Emily @ Forever Literary
and also those who haven't done or wasn't nominated yet for this award.

Thanks dears :)



2 comments

  1. Wooot! First of all, thank you Aneca (or should I call you Camille ♥ ) for tagging me! This will be exciting! Btw, I love this number 10 fact of yours --- I hate people who play with other's feelings. It makes me want to kill them...slowly and painfully. Made me laugh with the slowly and painfully, but, this is indeed true.

    ..currently writing my answer to this. Yey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers girl! I LOVE UNRULED NOTEBOOKS TOO! They're like guilty pleasure since I sketch a lot. ;D


    Colleen Hoover actually ruined me with Ugly Love, and I can't wait to read more of her works! Oh, and I'm actually about to read Reflections of Queen Snow White too, hopefully it's going to be a great read for us. :D


    Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, Camille! :)

    ReplyDelete

© raves and reads
Maira Gall